Chandigarh is a designed city. The combined capital of Punjab and Haryana and as a Union Territory was constructed by architect Le Corbusier who was inspired by modernism. Some of the prominent architecture of Corbusier in Chandigarh is the Capital Complex that includes the High Court, the Secretariat, the Legislative Assembly and the Giant Open Hand monument. The climate of Chandigarh is usually extreme. Even with the climate, Life in Chandigarh is supposed to easy and the city is taken to be one of the best-planned cities in India and counted amongst the finest in the World.
The most famous tourist spots of Chandigarh
Chandigarh also was known as the ‘City beautiful’ has equable amount of greenery and is also a store for several unique works of art. Some of these places, which attract tourists are:
- Rock garden, Chandigarh: this park near the city consists of statues made of stones, ceramic sculptures, models of recycled ceramics and relics from the Industrial areas.
- Sukhna Lake: One of the most prominent tourist attractions in Chandigarh. The sight of the lake stretching over for 3 km at the foothills of the Shivalik ranges is breathtaking.
- Capital Complex Tourist Centre: located in the Sector 1 in the city of Chandigarh, this is a Government complex. The complex was built by the Architect of Chandigarh, Le Corbusier and the building is now a world heritage site as termed by UNESCO.
Parks and Gardens
Chandigarh is a planned city and hence the greenery is well focussed on. At every junction, you shall find a park and fresh air to rest. Some of the most popular parks of Chandigarh are:
- Garden of Fragrance: this is a park which is an enthusiast for a botanical garden. Every day the park is open from 10 AM to 6 PM. It is a very suitable place for an early morning walk for all ages.
- Shanti Kunj Park: another park is Chandigarh to bring freshness in the lives of people. Groups of people exercise here daily. Other such parks are the terraced garden and the Butterfly park.
- Topiary Park: this park has well shaped large trees and huge shaded area of greenery, the park opens at 4 AM and closes at 12 PM.
- Zakir Hussain Rose Garden: Spread in over 30 acres of land, this botanical garden has 1600 species of roses and about 50000 rose shrubs. It is open at all hours of the day.
Travel option to travel Chandigarh via Airways
More than 5 flights a day make the trip to Chandigarh from any metropolitan city airports. Several Airlines help you to make this trip but if you get a Spicejet Ticket booking then you have received a safe journey in a reasonable price online. Other than online booking of the flight seats, you can book hotels online. These hotels provide you great facilities and a luxurious stay. Do not forget to try the special Punjabi dishes while you can visit Chandigarh.